The Health Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Air ducts in a home or business are one of the most neglected parts of a property. Ducts are out of sight, out of mind, so many people do not think about the importance of cleaning them. Here is the problem with ignoring your ducts – over time, dirt and other allergens build up inside ducts. The buildup is regularly pushed out to the rest of your home which can cause health problems. Because of this, you will experience many health benefits of duct cleaning when you decide to make an appointment.
Signs of Dirty Ducts
There are a few signs in the house or business that will clue you in on the cleanliness of your air duct system.
- Dust and dirt build up on air vents and returns.
- Visible mold around the air vents and returns.
- A general moldy or musty odor throughout the property.
Health Problems from Dirty Ducts
Dirty ducts can cause numerous health problems for people living in the space. According to the Department of Consumer Affairs, children are more affected by adults when breathing in poor air quality because they breathe faster and are lower to the ground where polluted air concentration is higher. Here are some health problems that can occur from dirty ducts.
- Random flare up of allergies in home or building occupants. This flare up will remain consistent for weeks on end.
- Persistent illness among home or building occupants without a true cause or traditional sickness symptoms.
- Asthma, lung disease, and other breathing problems.
- Advanced risk of respiratory problems in seniors.
Health Benefits of Duct Cleaning
According to Total Health Magazine, one out of every six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the bacteria and fungi in air ducts. The health benefits of air duct cleaning include:
- Improved breathing
- Fewer asthma attacks
- No unexplained illness
- Reduced coughing, sneezing, and itchy eyes
- Better response to allergy season
- Greatly reduced risk of respiratory problems and lung disease